This reconstructed email thread is devastating to their beliefs. These charts of little hockey sticks turn out to be bogus - the underlying data does not exist to support the charts. It is bad enough that the computer models were wired to always produce hockey sticks, even when random temperature data is inserted. This is worst since it is outright fraud.
You can read the email and see the arguments. A quick summary:
- The data shows that the 1930s were as warm or warmer than now, with a similar rise up
- These mini hockey stocks suppress the '30s and elevate the '90s to produce the effect
- The data shows no drastic warming anywhere in the world except maybe central Europe, and that is likely due to heavy urbanization
- The data for the Nordic countries shows that none of them have anything like the warming shown in the little chart above for Europe
- The climate cabal claims they excluded heavily urbanized areas, yet their data shows more than 500 central cities included. It is well known that the urban heat effect has skewed the readings up. They are lying about what is in the data.
A cursory reading of the email snippets can lead one to dismiss this as over-reaction to some bad behavior. The reconstructed email shows that conclusion is premature. Reading the emails in context, and combining that with fraud wired into the computer models, makes a clear case of fraud. Sure, some of the cabal could go to jail for destroying the data to keep it out of a FOI request.
I think the worse crime is to fake the science.